Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Reading Goals: Fall

Today I am doing a reverse book review! Instead of posting about the books that I have read lately, I am posting about books that I want to read this Fall and Winter! I have a large collection of books, so I just picked a few from my collection that I want to read, finish, or re-read!
I have read "The Depression Cure" before and found it very helpful, so I am looking forward to refreshing my mind and reading it again!
I purchased "Successful Women Think Differently" at an airport and read through it so quickly, this time I want to read it slowly and take lots of notes!
Both of these books I have started, but for some reason got distracted and stopped reading. I am looking forward to finishing them!
I absolutely adore Elizabeth Gilbert because of "Eat Pray Love" and also her Ted Talks. So I am sure I will love "The Signature of All Things!"
My Mom gave me the book "Wild" as a gift, and I have started reading it but never finished it. (Notice a pattern here lol??) 
I think I will be reading "Wild" first!

What are you reading this Fall?

8 comments:

  1. This is perfect timing because I was just lamenting to a friend that I don't know what to read next! I like the sound of "Successful Women Think Differently."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that is a good one for personal growth! I definitely recommend taking notes because there are so many valuable points that are easily forgotten!

      Delete
  2. I am trying to finish a book on my kindle (I dont remember the name). I like your idea though to have a "reading list" I might start that too I just have a hard time finding books I like,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Mike is the same way he is very picky about books he likes. But I am not too picky I like a huge variety!

      Delete
  3. I have dozens of books in my Scribd library (iPad app) that I haven't finished because this season has been crazy, but I listen to audio books while working most days. Wild was really good, but I wish someone would have warned me about a certain animal death. Uncontrollable sobbing...
    T.S.O.A.T. sounds really interesting because of the process Gilbert went through to write it and her return to fiction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh boy, I am sure I will be sobbing too!!! This season is very hard for reading... then again I always have some excuse! That's why I thought picking out specific books to read would make it easier... we'll see! Do you use an app to listen to audio books?

      Delete
  4. My reading habits have gone majorly downhill since having my daughter. And even though I have another little one on the way, I want to make it a priority. I may need to put together a list like this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like its one of those things that once you get out of the habit you completely forget about it... but when you are in the habit of reading regularly it just flows naturally, if that makes sense! Good luck and I would love to hear what you pick!

      Delete