Monday, November 4, 2013

4 Simple Goals from A Beautiful Mess

For the third year in a row, A Beautiful Mess is hosting a "goal-setting-party." For me, this time of year can be stressful and hard, so I am taking this challenge as a chance to remember to take care of myself, and keep my long-term goals in mind. Click here for the official rules on A Beautiful Mess.The most important rule to me is that these are not supposed to be result-oriented goals, but activity oriented goals. Here are my goals:

1. Pack my lunch for work everyday.
2. Stock my shop with at least 360 items by the end of the year.
3. Network more in the blogosphere.
4. Spend at least 10 minutes every night cleaning up my apartment before bed.

Surprisingly, it wasn't hard at all for me to come up with four simple goals. I just thought about the areas of my life that I am most unhappy with currently, the things that cause me the most stress, and how I could do something small everyday to help fix the problems in those areas. What are some goals you might set to accomplish before 2014?

2 comments:

  1. (Found you via Etsy!)

    I like these goals, especially the one about packing lunch. I work at home, but my husband takes the train into the city and since he can barely get himself out the door as-is, I have to remember to find food for him. Sometimes it's a little hit-or-miss. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of activity oriented goals instead of the ones that are result oriented. I also try to spend a bit of time to clean my apartment before going to bed, so I started off the next day 'fresh' again. Good luck with reaching your goals!

    ReplyDelete