Sunday, January 28, 2018

Top 17 Beauty Products of 2017

January is almost over and I still can't believe it's 2018. 2017 was a crazy year for the beauty industry, and I consider myself extremely lucky to have been able to try as many products as I did. I wanted to round up some of my top picks for beauty favorites, so I decided to go with 17 for 2017! I had to switch out a few products as I worked on this list, so you can be sure these are tried and true favorites!   I hope you enjoy this list and maybe find a few favorites for yourself! I'd love to hear what your favorite products of 2017 were! 


KL Polish - This one I'm cheating a little bit because the whole brand is actually my favorite. It was launched in late 2016 by YouTuber Kathleen Lights, and every season she releases new shades. I don't have all of them but I have enough to know that the formula is a winner. She also has a knack for color selection, from the perfect nudes to amazing bold shades as well. Did I mention they are 9- free, cruelty free and vegan?

ColourPop Pressed Powder Eyeshadows - These released in early 2017 and you better believe I snapped them up right away. These happened to fall in line with one of my new year's goals to create at least one full z-palette (I think I have about 6 now) and at $6 a piece you can't go wrong. The  quality of these singles is amazing and I have not found a single dud. If you don't want to choose your own shades, they have some amazing palettes as well!

Milk Makeup Blur Stick - Once I got used to the format of this pore-filling primer, I found myself reaching for it non-stop! I love the convenience of this product, and it truely fills in the pores without getting cakey or pilling up like some pore-filling primers tend to do. I use this primer only in the areas where I have large pores, and I will use a different primer everywhere else.

Becca Soft Light Blurring Powder - Another one I can't stop reaching for! The first half of the year I wasn't very confident with loose powders, but lately I have been baking my undereyes and jawline nearly everyday. This powder works great not only for baking, but also for simply setting the face. It is extremely fine milled, the perfect tint that really doesn't show up when applied, and it also has a smoothing/pore filling effect!

Milani Highlighter - Choosing a favorite highlighter was hard. But this one has really stood out to me as a truly beautiful, smooth highlighter at an affordable price. The glow it gives off it intense without any texture. I reach for this one over many of my high end highlighters often! Just be careful when dipping your brush in that you swirl it around enough so you don't get stripes on your face from the pattern!



Lorac + Pirates of the Caribbean Collection - Lorac came out with a lot of fun colorful collections in 2017, and I own most of them, but this one was by far my favorite. The combination of colors is super fun, with fun pops of color, some warm and cool tones, and some shades that go beautifully with my skin tone. The quality is equal to Lorac Pro formula, which is one of my favorite eyeshadow formulas! The face palette is also amazing and I reach for it all the time.

Skederm Shiftage Retinol Complex - I have a fierce and growing love for skincare, so the fact that I chose one product to put on this list speaks to how much I love it. I started using this product in the beginning of 2017 along with another Skederm product, and I received so many compliments on my skin, but I chalked it up to "pregnancy glow" etc. Then I brought it back out after I had my baby in hopes of regaining that glow, and I noticed the difference immediately. After just a couple uses of this cream (I use it as a night cream) my skin is smoother, more supple, and my fine lines are less visible. I will definitely be repurchasing this soon!

Soap and Glory One Heck of a Blot Primer - This is a difficult one to explain because it's like a mix of three of my favorite primers; Too Faced Hangover Rx, Tarte Clean Slate Smoothing Primer, and my Arbonne Primer. It has a hydrating feel, but also a smoothing silicone-like feel, and also somehow fills in pores at the same time. It's really fantastic!

EcoTools Sponges -  Finally we have a nice selection of drugstore beauty sponges that are less than half the price of the Beauty Blender. These are my personal favorite for the price, and I love that you get two sponges in two different sizes as well. The shape makes for a lot of practical uses, including blending foundation and concealer, as well as contour (even nose contour!) and baking.


Wet n Wild Cream Contour Stick - If you have seen any of my tutorials then you probably already know how much I love this guy. It's running low and I already have a backup. It's just the perfect color, tone, and texture. The cream texture blends into the skin beautifully. I wasn't a fan of cream contouring or bronzing until I met this fellow.

BH Cosmetics + Shaaanxo The Remix Palette -  If I had to choose one eyeshadow palette for a favorite for 2017, this would definitely be it. If I had to get rid of all of my eyeshadow palettes except for one, this might probably be it. But seriously, this palette is amazing. The shadows she added on the "remix" side are so beautiful, on trend, and they compliment the other side perfectly! I also love using the shades as blush, bronzer, and highlighter! Literally the perfect palette!

EcoTools Full Powder Brush - This is the powder brush I never knew I needed. It is extremely fluffy and soft, yet the shape is slightly pointed which somehow makes powder application smooth and flawless. The has actually replaced my ELF flat powder brush!

ABH Eyebrow Brush -  I am actually mad at myself for not buying this brush sooner. I know it seems like a lot of money for a brush, but I use this every single time I do my makeup and it has changed my brow game 100%.


Nyx Micellar Water - This is my favorite way to remove eye makeup. It's also perfect for cleaning up eyeshadow looks with a q-tip. I love how gentle it is. It doesn't have a scent, it's alcohol free so it won't irritate sensitive skin, and a large 13.5 oz bottle is only $6.99!

Too Faced Hangover RX Spray - This product walks the line between a skincare product and a makeup product. I use this before, during, and after my makeup, and hours after I've had my makeup on if I need a refresher. This is a must for dry skin or if you overdo it with powder! It smells delicious, has great ingredients and my bottle has lasted me a very long time!

Tarte Clean Queen Vegan Deodorant - While I'm not the biggest fan of Tarte right now, I can't deny that this deodorant is really improving my life. It feels just like Dove or something like that, but it doesn't have any harmful ingredients, it's even softer, and it's 100% vegan!

Wet n Wild PhotoFocus Foundation -  My love for this foundation snuck up on me. I liked it from the start, but it wasn't until I found myself reaching for it every single day over all of my high end foundations that I realized it was true love. This just makes the skin look healthy, natural, and really like I'm not wearing foundation at all. It mixes well with other products and it's super inexpensive!

What are you current favorite beauty products???

0 comments:

Post a Comment