Monday, February 27, 2017

Dermablend Professional Loose Setting Powder


 Hi friends! Today I wanted to share with you my thoughts on the Dermablend Professional Loose Setting Powder. This product was sent to me for free, and I was lucky enough to collaborate with Dermablaend on a sponsored Instagram Post! This product is described as "a loose powder that can be applied over a foundation or concealer to set makeup and reinforce wearability for up to 16 hours of consistent color wear that is smudge and transfer resistant."
I received the shade "original," and this product is also available in the shades "cool beige" and "warm saffron." The retail price is $27 and contains 1 ounce of product. You can purchase Dermablend products on dermablend.com as well as Sephora and Ulta. They also sent me this kabuki brush, which I am unable to find online. 
 As you can see, the product comes with a sifter which is convenient for getting a decent amount of product on your brush (it also came with a powder puff) or applicator, without having to deal with a huge mess of powder or too much product. If you aren't getting enough powder, you can simply shake the jar upside down gently to bring more powder through the sifter.

I thoroughly enjoy using this product, my favorite feature is that it truly smoothes out my skin, especially the fine lines around my eyes. As I'm in my thirties, I definitely appreciate any help I can get with those pesky lines! My skin has been dry lately, I'm not sure if it's the weather, my pregnancy, or that it's just getting drier with age, but I find that I am no longer able to "bake" my under eye area the same way that I used to, because after a couple hours it ends up looking too dry. This happens with any powder I use. So I find the most effective way for me to use this powder is to lightly dust it on my face immediately after I apply concealer and foundation, and then to brush it off with the kabuki brush. It really makes my skin look flawless and so smooth!
This powder also has a slight reflect to it, that you can see more in the jar than on the face, but it does add an element of glow to the skin, which I appreciate in a powder since it helps to avoid the "flat matte" look! Overall I really enjoy using this product, I think it is a good value for the money and I definitely recommend it to anyone who is looking for a finely-milled translucent setting powder!
 This blog post is not sponsored, although as I mentioned this product was sent to me for free and I did do a sponsored Instagram post with Dermablend. In this post I simply wanted to give you guys an honest update on my thoughts after using this product for a bit longer! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment