It's an award for up and coming bloggers with 200 -or less- followers that is given by fellow bloggers.
- List 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions provided by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate other bloggers for the award who have 200 followers or less.
- Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Notify the nominees of their nomination (of course!)
11 random facts about myself...
1. My socks only match on special occasions.
2. I have never dyed my hair - except pink streaks one time that didn't show up very well.
3. I don't know how to whistle. So sad.
4. I am allergic to bananas - but it developed when I was about 20 so I totally know what I am missing.
5. My boyfriend recently bought my a tv, blu-ray player, and cable with dvr, but I still prefer to listen to the same CDs over and over again.
6. I didn't tell anyone Lila's name until she was born.
7. I don't like sweet and salty foods mixed together (ie bacon with maple syrup = eeeew!)
8. I was vegan for 2 years, but quiet while I was pregnant.
9. I performed with a circus troupe for about 2.5 years, primarily dancing burlesque!
10. I am an only child.
11.My favorite classes in college were literature and creative writing.
Answers to Natalia's Questions:
- When was the last time you've learned something new? Today I made my first tie-blanket, does that count? It was super easy but super fun! Also, I learn new stuff at work almost every day.
- If you were going to write a book, what would it be about? The first book I write will probably be a novel, or a collection of short stories. I would also love to write a cookbook someday.
- What accomplishment are you most proud of? Number one is definitely my daughter Lila. I'm not sure how much credit I can take for her awesomeness, but she is definitely my pride and joy. I am also proud of the fact that I have a decent job and can afford to live in an apartment by myself, and give Lila her own room.
- When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? I didn't think about it much, but when I was really little I always said a veterinarian.
- What do you do for fun? I love making stuff. Cards are my specialty. I also love trying new crafts and learning new skills. And of course playing with my daughter, when can get outside that is the best!
- Is there a place where you would like to go even though you know you never will? I would like to go everywhere! All 50 states, every continent, and every country in Europe.
- If you could go back in history, who would you like to meet? Well I wouldn't have to go back in history but I would love to meet Elizabeth Gilbert and Angelina Jolie.
- Who in your life has influenced you the most? Everyone I have ever met has influenced me! I cannot think of someone who has influenced me most. Although, some of my residents at work have made a lasting impression that I will never forget.
- What do you like best about yourself? This one is hard to explain. But I have found this ability in myself to adapt in difficult situations and around difficult people. I can almost anyone to like me (very handy working in a nursing home with dementia patients and nervous family members) and if there is something about myself or my life that I don't like, I have really learned how to analyze it and come up with a solution on how to fix it. Not that it happens overnight, but I am constantly striving for improvement and I believe it is possible.
- If you could try out any job for a day, what would you like to try? I would love to be a detective or an anthropologist (Hello, Bones!). Or... a Broadway performer.
- If you could learn one random skill, what would you learn? Obviously as a crafter there are tons of skills I want to learn. But if you mean random as in not work-related, I would really love to be skilled at hula-hooping. Blame it on my circus background!
11 Questions to the nominees
1. What was the last life-changing book you read?
2. What was your favorite childhood TV show that you would totally still watch if it was still airing?
3. What do you like best about yourself?
4. Who in the world, or in your life personally, do you find the most creatively inspiring?
5. What was your favorite class in high school or college?
6. Do you prefer the country or the city? Why?
7. What menial task do you secretly enjoy doing?
8. Who would play you in a movie about your life?
9. What is something you do to cheer yourself up when you are feeling down?
10. What is the latest new (to you) music that you discovered?
11. What is something you take pleasure in dreaming about even if you know it may never happen?
if found, make
Home Sweet Ruby
Small Town Chic
The Art Bug
My Peach Days
Find my Forever
Emma Lily All Sorts
Let's Keep it Wild
Earth Mother Mosaics
A Crafter's Life
Art by Earth Mother
Nuckin Futs Nerd