Monday, October 21, 2013

Recipe: Easy Apple Crumble

After apple picking we obviously had a lot of apples, not mention some that I had before our trip to the orchard. I needed something to do with them all:
So I found this recipe, I happened to have all the ingredients on hand, so I made my own version!
Some people call it a "dump cake" or a "crumb cake" but it isn't really a cake because the cake mix doesn't rise. So I have renamed it apple crumble!

Ingredients:
-Fresh Apples (I used 4 but next time I would use even more... probably more like 8 or 10)
-Packaged cake mix (the original recipe called for yellow cake mix but I only had white and it worked out fine!)
-1 stick of butter
-Brown Sugar
-Cinnamon

 Directions:
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
-In a medium bowl, Mix cake mix, 1/2 cup brown sugar (or to taste) and 2 teaspoons cinnamon (or again, to taste)
 - Coat a glass baking pan with butter or non-stick spray.
 - Slice apples very thin and layer evenly over pan.
 -Melt 1 stick butter and pour into dry mix, mixing evenly.
 -Sprinkle mix over apples, making sure slices are covered evenly and mixed.
 -Place in center rack of oven and bake 35-45 minutes, until the top begins to brown and the corners are bubbly!
 - Let sit for 5 minutes then serve and enjoy! This dish is definitely best when eaten right away. And don't be afraid to add some vanilla ice cream or plain cream or half & half to your serving!
Lila and I gave it two thumbs up!
Let me know if you try this, and if you add any variations! Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. I bet that tastes really good when it is still warm :)
    I noticed your fork has apples on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks good! I made some crumble last week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yams! Too bad I'm in the diet before holiday season....so I will stored your recipes for the time when actually I can eat it!!!! For now please enjoy it for me:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look so good! I love Apple anything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! This looks so good. I like the matching fork :)

    ReplyDelete