Friday, August 23, 2013

Things Making Me Smile #1

As usual, the summer is flying by! But is has been beautiful and Lila and I have had many special moments outside in the sun. One of our favorite places to go is the Madison Zoo. I grew up going to this zoo and it is fun to see how much it has changed since I was a kid.
Here are some photos of our latest visit to the zoo that make me smile:
My beautiful daughter, Lila, playing in the grass!
A handsome lone flamingo at the Madison Zoo.
Awesome sea turtle, makes me think of Finding Nemo every time!
I always find it fascinating how old these tortoises are. I think these were around 150 years old. It really puts things in perspective, doesn't it?
The sea lions! I always want to wanted to play in there with them (...when I was a kid...).
This Macaw! It was sitting right on the edge of the railing, and someone could have reached out and touched it. Or tried to. I sure didn't want to try... look at that beak and those claws! Anyways I definitely didn't let Lila get too close to it, but I had to take a picture.
I just love taking pictures of the clouds in sky... must be the dreamer in me.
One comfy iguana.

Going to the zoo in Madison is so much fun. Every time we go, Lila and I find something new! It has changed so much since I was a kid, and yet I get the same old feelings of nostalgia when we visit the terrarium and the bears and other things that haven't changed.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful zoo, it has been years since I last visited one. I like the flamingo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! Love the blue and gold macaw :) I had one of those when I was younger. You're right, that beak can really do some damage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous sky! It looks like a neat zoo. My husband and I are heading to Madison this weekend and may have to make a stop there.

    ReplyDelete